CURRICULUM DOTT. BRUSASCO LUCA
- August 2013 – August 2017: Residency in Ophthalmology-Scuola di Specializzazione in Oftalmologia (Department of Surgical Sciences – Eye Hospital. University of Torino. Torino,North Italy). Oral discussion of Thesis on 28th July 2017. Title Thesis “Improving outcomes of posterior approach levatorpexy in congenital ptosis patients with low levator function” (Risultati della tecnica “Levatorpexy” in pazienti affetti da ptosi congenita con scarsa funzione dell’ elevatore). Grade 70/70 cum laude with honors and distinction (70/70 e lode con menzione d’onore e speciale). Surgical Experience: during Residency I performed unassisted 120 minor operations (amongst chalazions, cystis, lashes electrolysis, xanthelasmas and benign lesions), I assisted in 25 external DCR, 15 frozen sections surgery with eyelid reconstruction, 25 upper lid blepharoplasties(last 8 alone under supervision), 11 ptosis (7 ant approach, 1 post lev apon repair, 3 brow suspension), 4 eviscerations, 5 enucleations, 1 autogenous fat harvesting (filler in facial atrophy), 2 anterior lamellar reposition with lid split (upper lid entropion),15 involutional entropion surgery (suture repair and LTS), 20 ectropion surgery (19 LTS and 1 skin graft – last 4 performed under supervision), 70 cataract procedures
- Avril 2016 – July 2016: Observership in Oculoplastics in UK (Corneo Plastic Unit – Queen Victoria Hospital -East Grinstead – West Sussex. United Kingdom).
- 2010 – 2013: Private and Public Emergency Medical Service, Red Cross Voluntary Service, Forensics activity in public civil disability service, Doctor Phlebotomist, Sports Medicine Service, Emergency Medical Service in Africa (Tanzania and Zanzibar)
- 2011-2015: Scuola Omeopatica Hahnemanniana SISDOH
- Italian Professional Medical Register of Torino. Registration from 21/02/2011. Registration n. 22002
- 2004 – 2010: Medicine and Surgery Degree Training. Final Thesis: “Corneal Thickness and Visual Recovery after Endothelial Keratoplasty”, discussed on 21/10/2010. Grade 110/110
- 1998-2003: Scientific High School Charles Darwin, Rivoli (Torino),North Italy Grade 92/100